You can also opt to receive enhanced services for your home phone (but you will need to pay extra charges to receive these services) such as:Call Control
Call Control is a security feature for your home phone service that allows you to restrict certain types of outgoing calls.
- Add security to your home phone line by restricting calls.
- Control the numbers your children dial.
- Restrict who uses the phone.
- Take control over your phone bill!
Calling Number Display
Calling Number Display is an optional enhanced service that can be used on your home phone and is available on compatible phones in most areas throughout Australia.
- Identify the phone number of your incoming calls.
- Monitor your calls by identifying the person calling you before you answer the phone!
- Display the date and time of each call on compatible phones.
- See the number of the person calling on Call Waiting with a Call Waiting Display compatible phone.
Silent Number allows you to automatically block your caller identity when calling other parties and does not list your home phone number in the White Pages. Silent Number allows you to have increased privacy and security by not having your home phone number listed in the White Pages.
- Only disclose your home phone number to people of your choice, such as friends and family.
Multiple Number allows you to have a second phone number attached to your existing phone line.
- You can now have one phone number for business and another for private, connected to the same home phone service!
- Different ringtones for each number lets you know which number the incoming call is for.
- Call Forward service can be used with each number independently.
- Call Forward and Call Control can be accessed on the second number via Remote Access.
- An override prefix allows you to make outgoing calls from the second number.
- Calls made using the override prefix will be billed to the second number.
Message bank allows callers to leave a message if a call is not answered.
- Don't worry about missing calls when you're not at home, on the Internet, busy, or if your phone rings out.
- Create your own personal greeting.
- Your personal greeting can be up to 5 minutes long.
- Personal Identification Number (PIN) security access.
- Listen to your messages from almost any phone in Australia.
- A special (stuttered) dial tone alerts you of any messages when you pick up your home phone receiver.
- New messages are stored for 14 days.
- Up to 60 messages can be saved for up to 7 days.
- Multiple callers can leave messages simultaneously.
- Messages left by callers can be up to 5 minutes long.
- No need for answering machines.
Phone Fax allows you to have 2 numbers connected to the same home phone service - one number for voice calls, the other for faxes.
- A distinctive ringtone tells your fax machine when a fax transmission is incoming.
- Give family, friends and business associates a separate fax number.
- Distinguish fax calls from voice calls by different ringtones.
- Make outgoing calls from the secondary (fax) number using an override prefix.
- Calls made using the override prefix will be billed to the secondary fax number while all other call charges are defaulted to the primary voice number.